About Steve Cockram
Steve Cockram is dedicated to empowering the leader in everyone. He is an international speaker, author, and consultant to top-level executives and leaders around the world. He is a subject matter expert on personality and wiring, organizational leadership, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal communication. Steve is the co-founder of GiANT Worldwide, a global leadership consultancy. He is also co-author of the books 5 Gears and 5 Voices.
Steve is ‘fiercely practical’, committed to applied leadership learning, and has helped clients experience the following results:
- Greater Self-Awareness: Learn your voice and understand what it’s like to be on the other side of your leadership.
- Better Alignment: Discover the sweet spots of those on your team, get better aligned, and reach higher levels of performance.
- Clear Communication: Communicate what you mean without people taking it the wrong way and getting offended.
- Effective Delegation: Delegate more effectively to save time and increase productivity.
- High Performance: Confidently build high-performing teams, rather than taking shots in the dark and hoping people do their jobs well.
- Quicker Decisions: Learn how to listen better, ask helpful questions, and make quicker decisions.
Steve’s passion for leaders, team communication, change management and work/life balance is clearly echoed through his books, speaking and executive consulting. He is coach to a number of CEOs and is a sought after speaker both in the US and in his native UK. He inspires audiences to create better organisations through his heart-level stories, use of humour and expertise in human interactions.
Cockram leadership and management models have widespread appeal in large part due to the multiplication effect – rather than just the leader being transformed, they provide a framework for spreading this transformation throughout organization through ‘intentional apprenticeship’.
Steve has been married to Helen for 24 years, during which time they have lived in 12 different houses on two continents. They are now living back in the UK in Gerrards Cross, London with their three girls. This has helped him with his moderate addiction to Liverpool soccer (or football, in his case).