“Everyone speaks. Not everyone is heard.”
Everyone has a leadership voice, whether they know it or not. From the most introverted to the most gregarious, we all have the ability to lead others.
However, many people do not feel able to use their leadership voice, because either they don’t know what it is or they’ve been told their voice is unimportant.
At GiANT Worldwide, we’re on a mission to help every individual discover their leadership voice and be empowered to use it effectively. We believe teams and whole organizations can be transformed when contributions from each foundational voice are sought and acted upon.
After years of research and client experience, we’ve discovered that while everyone can access each voice we all have a foundational leadership voice that shapes the way we communicate and engage with those around them – Nurturer, Creative, Guardian, Pioneer, and Connector.
We’ve been sharing the 5 Voices with leaders and teams around the world and the stories of transformation and improved performance have been unbelievable:
- Greater Self-Awareness
- Better Alignment
- Clear Communication
- Effective Delegation
- High Performance
- Quicker Decisions
Traditional Leadership development doesn’t work.
In a world full of conferences, speeches, books and catchy quotes, we still have a leadership crisis. The current statistic is that 3 out 4 people say their boss is the worst, most stressful part of their day. No amount of content will fix a bad leader. Information transfer may be inspirational, but it is rarely transformational.
True, lasting transformation requires a healthy mix of self-awareness, visual leadership tools, and a system of apprenticeship. In this keynote, Steve will share set of tools and a proven process to begin your journey of transformation from being a leader people “have” to follow to becoming a leader people “want” to follow.
- Learn the true definition of leadership, and why leading yourself is the highest priority
- Identify your natural tendencies and greatest areas for growth
- Build a plan for living and leading in an intentional way, not accidental, in each circle of influence
- See why liberation, support and challenge are vital for every organisational leader to master
- Begin working on the “core” of who you are as a leader
- Avoid the most common mistakes people make when leading others
Leadership is influence. And influence gives you power.
How you handle that power is what makes all of the difference. Though you may have good intentions, we all have blindspots. If you aren’t aware of your blindspots, you can quickly undermine your leadership and create a toxic work environment, resulting in poor performance and low morale.
In this Keynote, Steve will show you how the top-performing organisations focus on developing their people. He drills down into fiercely practical strategies and visual tools you can use to immediately in any context.
- Understand the power of using discretion and discipline, and how most leaders abuse this concept.
- Begin communicating more effectively and learn how to use the “Provisional, Plan, and Promise” model.
- Learn which mediums are most effective when communicating support and challenge
- Discover the simple, proven “Go to the Source” concept to use when disagreements arise to prevent drama and gossip from hindering the growth of your organization.
- Develop a plan to “pass the baton” at the appropriate time as your organisation grows
The highest performing leaders all understand the importance and power of increasing influence. But, reaching a high level of influence can be tricky and complex and difficult.
When you look at your own life, why do you have influence with some people and with others you don’t? Why do certain people carry a high level of influence with you, and others don’t?
Understanding how influence and works is the most essential skills employers and employees can learn. In this speech, Steve breaks it down to a step-by-step process that anyone can follow and use to grow their business and to ultimately grow their influence.
When you meet someone for the first time, these are the filters that are consciously or subconsciously being used.
- Character: Do I trust you? Are you a person of integrity? If you don’t get past this one, you will never have trust and will never get to a level of influence.
- Chemistry: Do I like you? Do I like being with you? Can I see this relationship growing over time?
- Competence: Are you competent? Are you confident in your competence? Do you have a proven track record?
- Credibility: Can you take your competency and skills and expertise, and can you understand what I’m trying to achieve – my problems and issues – and design a solution that applies directly to my real issue that myself, my team, organization is dealing with right now.
If you can get past these 4 filters, then you can certainly establish trust, which unlocks the potential for influence.
This is a powerful framework every company can benefit from.
Time-management is more about mindset than time.
Every person we’ve ever met wants two things:
To be successful in their endeavors, and to have deep, meaningful relationships with others.
What if you had a system that could help you:
Conquer work/life balance, become more connected with your kids, spouse, co-workers, neighbors, friends, and anyone else, and reach new levels of productivity?
This is why we created the 5 Gears.
After sharing the 5 Gears with thousands of people around the world, we’ve seen incredible transformation happening. Parents are reconnecting with their kids, spouses are having fun again, and teams are reaching unparalleled levels of performance and productivity at work.
- 5th Gear (Focused Mode) – Learn to Get in the Zone
- 4th Gear (Task Mode) – Lead in a Task-driven World
- 3rd Gear (Social Mode) – Why Being Social Matters
- 2nd Gear (Connection Mode) – Learn How to Connect Deeply
- 1st Gear (Recharge Mode) – The Secret of Resting Well
- Reverse (Responsive Mode) – Learn How to Apologize
Custom Keynote · Multiple Formats
Regardless of which format you prefer, Steve’s primary focus is crafting an experience that achieves the objective of your event.
3 Hour Workshop
Full or Half Day Intensive
Steve is an incredible man and he teaches timeless principles to leaders around the world. He doesn’t just teach, but he equips people to operate at their highest potential.
– Curt Beavers, Owner at Make a Life
Steve is a powerful communicator. He does a great job of engaging you both at a mental and practical level. He has helped me to “know myself and lead myself” with greater self awareness. He has helped me to multiply leaders through intentionality and helpful vocabulary I now use every day in every part of my life.
– Brandon Hutchins, CEO at Gaskins Engineering
Steve has a unique gift of communicating the complex and making it applicable for all to grow as leaders. I believe this gift is more effectual due to his transparency and genuine desire to see others gain from his life experiences.
– Mickey Daniell, Team Lead at Georgia Power Company
Information in the new world is free.
You can no longer trade on competence and intellect. The currency of the new world is emotional intelligence, and it starts with self-awareness and self-leadership.
In a world filled with growing competition, the strength of your leadership will have a direct impact on your success and the success of your organization. Selecting the right speaker for your upcoming event can generate returns for years to come when your audience is both inspired and empowered.
An Experienced Leader
An experienced leader, CEO, and trusted advisor, Steve Cockram has the skill to not only fire up your team, but also to drive real results with his powerful and practical tools and methods. His leadership style is energizing, and has the unique ability of making people think, laugh, and take action.
For your group, Steve will bring a fresh approach to leadership, interpersonal communication, and the power of self-awareness, drawing on insights from over 10,000 hours working with highly-influential leaders all over the world.
Here are some outcomes Steve has delivered to help leaders:
- Greater Self-Awareness: Learn your voice and understand what it’s like to be on the other side of your leadership.
- Better Alignment: Discover the sweet spots of those on your team, get better aligned, and reach higher levels of performance.
- Clear Communication: Communicate what you mean without people taking it the wrong way and getting offended.
- Effective Delegation: Delegate more effectively to save time and increase productivity.
- High Performance: Confidently build high-performing teams, rather than taking shots in the dark and hoping people do their jobs well.
- Quicker Decisions: Learn how to listen better, ask helpful questions, and make quicker decisions.
Cockram’s extensive knowledge of leadership trends and best practices, combined with real-world experience, makes him the ideal speaker for your group.
Understanding Your Event Objective
As Steve prepares to speak for your event, his primary focus is to clearly understand and address the desired objective of the event. He will carefully craft an engaging presentation by pulling from his vast library of knowledge on personality and wiring, interpersonal communication, emotional intelligence, organizational leadership, team dynamics, cultural health, and other topics.
Clear & Easy Communication
Steve and his team understand the complexities of event management and work extremely hard to make your job as the event manager/planner as smooth and simple as possible. Steve operates with a “communicate early and often” style, and his responsive team will partner with you from the beginning to end.
Delivering an Unforgettable Experience
Steve’s promise is to do everything within his power to deliver an unforgettable experience. Inspiration and laughter play a significant role in enjoyment, but he will always strive for something higher: transformation. His desire is to see people experience something that changes their trajectory in a healthy and positive manner.
Transform Your Life
If you’ve been hoping to meet someone who could truly transform your life…Steve’s your guy. I’ve been blessed to have traveled the world and met some of the greatest thinkers of our time—and Steve sits atop that list. As a speaker, he turns an event into an EXPERIENCE for everyone in attendance. – Duane Cummings, Speaker & Author of The Sensational Salesman
Reach the Next Level
Steve has a unique ability of grabbing the attention of any audience he speaks to (whether it’s 2 or 200) and not letting go. His leadership insights have helped our team and organization reach the next level. – Andrew Dahl, CEO at Dahl Automotive
Steve transfers knowledge and expertise to leaders in a way that transforms them from the inside out which allows them to go back to their organizations and make a tremendous impact on those they lead. Steve has a way of understanding and reading his audience during his engagements such that he adapts his speaking to fit the room to get maximum impact. I am forever grateful to Steve for what I learned from him to transform myself and my organization. – Kim Escovedo, Corporate Learning & Development, Enable Midstream